Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Helped a friend set up his Satellite dish on a nice sunny day then I really screwed up!

Where are we today ? 
clic a pic to enlarge it
          What another nice night ,very cool, great for sleeping and bright sunny morning walkabouts, no complaints here.
cool but a sunny morning
     Then just after 8:30 am we hopped in the car to head into Forest. Walt(our flooring guy), his wife Barb and Maya (Walt's baby) . Had moved yesterday into a very nice house in Forest. and he asked me to help set up his satellite dish. No problem for me I have been doing that every week or 2 for about 10 years. I can get it going for them no problem.
      So we there, got the dish positioned  and needed to work on the cable connection from the house. After some fiddling we did get the cable connection and dish all set  up with a good signal.
     In the mean time Suzie got to play with Maya, in her new environment.
first doggie fix of the day for Suzie
       Dish all setup for them, all Walt has to do was to re route the cable and they will be good to go.
       Now at 10:30 we can head on home. But now Maya wants to go for a car ride with us! Walt finally managed to get her out of the car and we back home for lunch.
Think Maya wanted to come with us!
She loves car rides.
      After a quick light lunch my plan was to take the 53 minute drive to Bayfield for the Volkfest . I had this all planned out and was looking forward to checking out all the old Volkswagens just like we did last year!
      But I really screwed up! It was last weekend, Ohh poop ! Guess this old mind is playing tricks on me. At least I had a nice country drive for almost 2 hours.
A nice ride down the back roads
Passed the Huron County Playhouse
that we have enjoy the Theatre here a few times
       Ok totally frustrated back home by 1:30 I joined Suzie and Gerry with my computer. Suzie is helping Gerry and Melinda plan their winter travels to Florida this year.
3 of us computing and figuring this out
       Ok finally it was 3 pm, time for Happy hour, Tucker dragged Gerry over and he got his treats , Suzie got another doggie fix.
Tucker is being good and gets a treat
     Shortly after our good friends Ron and Loree dropped by to join us for Happy Hour. Nice to see them here again.
Ron took a picture with me in it
Thanks Ron
Then Melinda is done work and joined us for bit as well
      Soon time again for supper, so I preheat our Weber Q whipped up our salad and grilled a couple of Turkey Burgers with Onion and Parsley from Hayters Turkeys.  We really love these burgers.
2 burgers on English muffins
now this sure hit the spot tonight
so very tasty
      Here we are still outside almost 8 pm finishing this posting and read a bit more but as it cools down think we soon need to head inside, After a wonderful warm sunny day that actually got up to 73F (22 c) not too bad at all. Now 56 F, dark and chilly, so inside to to take the chill off with our Mr. Heater.
    Just want to thank y'all for stopping on by and hope you had decent weather this Sunday as well.
 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com

Where have we been this summer ?

18 comments:

  1. Another beautiful fall day here as well. A nice quiet ride on a lovely Sunday morning is not a bad way to spend your time. My daughter calls it "oldzheimers" and yes, she does think she is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful fall day and a nice quiet country drive. Maybe not so funny when it happens to you but, just make me feel real dumb.

      Delete
  2. Glad to know there's another forgetful old fogy besides me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not first time and I am sure it will not be the last.

      Delete
  3. I call it "Sometimers" sometimes I remember stuff, sometimes I don't. Nice to see you never forget to make a nice dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered it was on Sunday from noon till 4 and was sure that this was the last Sunday in September. Can't forget to make dinner, Suzie would let me, lol...

      Delete
  4. I enjoy all old car shows and would have been miffed to miss one I had planned to go to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy them as well, and yes miffed that I missed it as well.

      Delete
  5. Messing up dates seems to be a common thing for us anymore. And that's after Jim puts it in the calendar on his phone,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I checked the website and looked at the calendar on our table, not sure how I messed up.

      Delete
  6. Burger on an English Muffin. What a great idea ... not so much bread. I'm learning so much from you!!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome Nancy, you are right the English muffins are more useful as well.

      Delete
  7. At least you got a nice country drive out of that venture. We've all been there, done that.
    It was a beautiful fall day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful country drive with perfect weather.

      Delete
  8. You did have a beautiful drive anyway but could see that would be frustrating. Little Maya sure is a cutie, you can see her personality! Nice of you to help with the satellite dish! I bet Suzie enjoys helping plan Gerry and Melinda's trip to Florida, I love stuff like that! Dinner looked wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dinner was wonderful.
      Maya is a sweetie and just loves people. Suzie does enjoy that stuff and we bothe enjoy helping other people when we can.

      Delete
  9. What? No peanut butter on your burger? :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not on a Turkey burger sorry, love the tasty of the onion and parsley.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.