Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, December 23, 2013

Love Monday, the beginning of a brand new week!

Where are we today ?
         Happy Monday.  We are upright and breathing, and are lucky enough to enjoy December weather that is warm and sunny. Not like back home, freezing rain and no electricity for a few hundred thousand people.
         This morning friends John and Barb dropped on by for a short visit with us and Rob and Pat. Was nice to see them again. They are in another campground but will be here on Friday.
Pat, John, Barb, Suzie, Rob and 
me hiding behind the camera
        I made a quick trip to the grocery store in Yuma, (Fry's) to pick a few things to get us over Christmas. Lotsa traffic but I was back home by noon. Sure glad I did not choose Walmart today!
         Few walkabouts and enjoying this weather. How can you not like cloudless skies and warm sunny days?
         Neighbour Rob knows how to enjoy it as you can see from the photo below. An afternoon snooze is not something I can do, have tried but not work for me.
siesta time
        While he was resting we got to enjoy our books, works for us. Then eventually we need to have a social (Happy) hour. Chat for a while before we fire up our Weber Q and grill a couple homemade hamburgers. Fry daddy for some homemade fries, kinda worked great for this summer time , winter weather.
lotsa toppings on the burgers
sure hit the spot today
       You know that was our day, time just flies by especially when we have this awesome weather.
       Thanks again for stopping in for a visit, wish you were here! Think you would love it.

Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle. 
 Check out the map below to see where we have been this Winter
View Winter 2013-14 in a larger map

18 comments:

  1. Your group of friends is growing nicely and all the more fun. Those burger and fries looked perfect for the weather. Enjoyed your pic's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim can sleep anywhere, any time. But not me. And if I do doze off for a few minutes then I really have trouble going to sleep at night. No Walmart's for us either until after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just get a good 6-8 hours at night then usually good to go. Walmart would be a real zoo.

      Delete
  3. Another great day . . . what can I say? Oh yeah, maybe . . . I'll have fries with that!

    Awesome weather, awesome food, awesome friends . .. not much more we can ask for.

    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Sharon & Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fries coming right up, the works on your burger?

      It is "Our Awesome Travels"

      You guys have an awesome Christmas too.

      Delete
  4. Heyy, George,

    Do you twice fry your french fries, or is a once in the oil kinda thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter, I just do them once in the oil, until they are crispy, and they taste great. Same way I did them in my restaurant.

      Delete
  5. I love Mondays too...now. That wasn't the case when I was teaching though...lol!
    Perfect weather you are having there!

    Merry Christmas to you and Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoyed everyday, and even when working Monday was still the beginning of a new week. For quite a few years I had Monday and Tuesday off after working the weekend.

      Delete
  6. I remember when we were teaching how I dreaded Monday. I wanted the weekend to go on and on. Now I can barely remember what day it is. Isn't life great? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that siesta picture! Ahhhhh... love that sunshine! Merry Christmas to you and Suzie... and wishing you the happiest New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, all the best to you and Bill !
      Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

      Delete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and Suzie - enjoy the warm holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you and Suzy. This kind of southern California weather is pretty hard to beat.

    Great looking burgers on the Q.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick and Merry Christmas to you guys as well!

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.